Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Surviving to live

 Dated: 9/7/10
            Sitting next to a DVD player which is supposedly a time bomb, about to burst in 3 seconds. Unlike movies, it doesn't strike me that I should throw it out of the window, it bursts but unrealistically I do survive. This was all a part of a dream before I got up from a lazy nap. This may all seem laughable but there was one thing I realized. Even though it was a dream, like I learnt from my PCT project, dreams portray your thoughts, fear, hopes, the actual ones. In the dream, I wasn't scared of dying. I was thinking that my life has been happy and i have missed nothing.

Maybe in reality, I won't think the same. But how many of us are satisfied with the life we are living. How many of us are really happy? We think life hasn't given enough for us to accept we are happy. We neither give life or people a chance. If you die the very next second, how any apologies do you owe people? You see,that's the problem. We will sulk and be a sourpuss until  the other person bows down and asks for forgiveness. But we wouldn't even think of it. If we did, problem's solved faster. But it never happens that way, does it?


You want a high end phone, you shout, you scream, your dad refuses. you say its a matter of prestige but is it?You would rather your friends know you rather than your phone.

Lets say you argue with your mom,some stupid reason. You shout, you bang the door shut and leave. What if its the last expression of yours that your mother happens to remember?

This may all seem a tad bit too negative but it all boils down to this. It is in our hands how we wish to perceive life, appreciate and enjoy it. It is how we try as much not to have a reason to let something end bad; even if it does, to change it, to at least try.You don't know why you are brought to this world,you just survive but why not try living. Why not find a reason to live, maybe that's the reason we are here, to find a meaning for our existence.

If you haven't spoken to  a friend for the longest time, now is the best time to do it. If you haven't told someone just how much they mean to you, its always best to let them know as soon as possible. There is no end to the good things you have never done for people and in my opinion, there is an unexplainable joy in seeing someone other than yourself happy. I guess its the joy of earning your place in heaven, if there exists one. So live life, love life cuz you may never know what the next second has in store for you.

5 comments:

Trusha said...

completely agree n thnx, was goin thru a minor dilemma 2de n reading ur post, cleared my mind :)

Rohit said...

Live life not because heaven is an incentive but because you probably have only one.

Shraddha said...

I agree with Rohit. It is so important to do things in life because we want to do it- something I keep telling myself all the time. Intuition is a big thing for me. Listen to your heart. (SRK style - apne dil ki suno ! :P ) A very Preetisque post. I know how much you love people! I can only admire that. As much as I appreciate people-my doing people skills fail me always !

Rishkul Kulkarni said...

Too much work I think :P But I guess it is important nonetheless.

Preeti Ramaraj said...

@trusha: :)
@rohit: my whole post says exactly that except that line..i dunno how that popped in
@shraddha: yes, following heart is a must and is big time difficult..and i dunno how somehow my posts end up revolving aroound people...and there is no skill re, u just need some ppl to know you :D
@rishkul: if its important, amount of work doesn't matter,no?