Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Red flowers on greeny leaves



I ventured out of my house after a very long time for a reason that wasn't exams. "Walking to school" memories came back to me. 6th standard. First year of morning school. I really never regretted waking up because I used to love to walk through the windy road surrounded by so many trees. I happened to remember my first inspiration to write poems. I used to love trees. I used to always want to be a nature poet like William Wordsworth. Rather I used to imagine myself to be one when I grew up. Talk about high aspirations. There is this huge tree which had red flowers and I was "inspired". And this is one of my first inspired "poems" (supposed) which I was so proud of for which I had even made a nursery rhyme kind of tune.

I found this again some months back written proudly in my book when I was seeing it with my friend. I was in splits of laughter just reading it, my friend alike. It's plain funny and shows how childish I was. I really couldn't resist putting it here. This was my first step to writing a poem. So, people who think they can't write a poem for nuts, hope your opinion will change after reading this :P. Hope you enjoy too.(Nisha, I think you'll enjoy this again :P )


Red flowers on greeny leaves,
How beautiful are they,
How much pain they take for this,
How much do we pay?

We don't get them for a penny,
But we get them for free,
Oh, And they are so sweet,
But still we destroy it.


The trees are broken down, the leaves are plucked,
Is this our gratitude to them,
So stop these things and start helping them,
How pleased they will be!

Red flowers on greeny leaves,How beautiful are they! :D




6 comments:

Shraddha said...

Greeny eh ?? :P

Rishkul Kulkarni said...

awww :)

Anonymous said...

Aila!Even bachcha's write poetry?!Rishkul is witness to my bachpan ka poetic skills.
A big pat in the back and a lolipop for 6th std Preeti.

Preeti Ramaraj said...

@shraddha: yeah :P
@rishkul: :) tell me abt anna's poetry
@anna: I need to see ur bachcha poetry...and i wait for the lollipop..thank you :D

Shraddha said...

Hey me also writes poems in schools...n shaayris too !! Lollypop mereko bhi ! Pleaj !!

Nisha... said...

hahahahaahaha.....
soooo sweet preeto! hehe... i can almost imagine u reciting this! lol.. rotf :D :) i wonder how i missed seeing this!
but yeah, again commend you for showing so much sensitivity then! but they say na, great poets start simple. and early! ;)