Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tears to be wiped

Read this poem I had written during sem 3 exams when I showed it to a friend yesterday..

Why are my eyes now moist with tears,when I cant wipe them anymore,        
what have I lost inside of me,  
something that I had before,

my thoughts are numb and my heart is cold,
where is the warmth that I had before,                                                          

that joy on hearing what I wished to hear,     
that surge of happiness has now all disappeared,           
I crave for those moments ,too precious to be true,                
those lovely  times,which once used to be ours,  
that break of dawn which spelled a day of bliss,                                                 

now the sun rays fall hard on me,       
I can't move my feet no more,          
my mind has lost all hope,                     
of travelling the path to my better tomorrow,                                                    

but wait, I see someone far away,                          
like a breath of fresh air removing all my anguish,        
is it really you, my dear friend,              
you have come to save me from this abrupt end,                                                   


suddenly I find myself willing to live again,                  
leaving behind this desperation and pain,                    
I have to forget the past that I can't change,           
but I think it will be easy,            
now that you are here,                            
like always, alleviating my fear,                                                                

 
What do I have to worry, with a friend like you,        
I must be blessed to be saved from the brink of unhappiness,           
I had lost my ability to love,         
no one to understand what I feel,                                                                  

my dear friend, now I know thats what friends are for,                           
to love and to be loved whoever it may be,                  
my eyes are tearful, but with content,  
that to wipe those tears, you are here....     

7 comments:

Harshad said...

nice

neelam said...

OMG......so true:P.....luved it!!!!

Unknown said...

diz aint wat u shud b doa' durin exa'z....

Nisha... said...

ahh... nice... u actually CANT write a sad one! ;) but thats a good thing re! :)

waiting for more :)

Anonymous said...

:):)

Nisha... said...

and read this one again too!
~sigh~

Shraddha said...

Loved the first 4 stanzas over the entire poem ! Reminds me of times and of something I've written !