Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Abode of God


Never ending diamonds on a  field of greens,
Sparkling to the tune of the birds’ song,
That is the sound of music,
That is the sound of dawn.

Those leaves rustle in a familiar way,
Those birds descend on your path,
That silence in itself, music,
That peace in itself, God.

Can the sky be so clear,
With no cloud in sight,
Maybe the man has cleansed his heart,
Soul and mind.

That gust of wind brings storiesfrom far far away,
It even takes back the stories that I narrate,

The leaves have stopped their motion,
the birds make sound no more,
my thoughts have a reached a standstill,
at the place so longed for before,

I have found my destination,
My feet need no longer trod,
As I realize I have reached,
Reached the abode of God.

(P.S. I thank the green lane and the nature filled campus that I often walk through for the inspiration and those walks where I just had my thoughts accompanying me.)

10 comments:

Srinath Warrier said...

Hmmm.. impressive. totally..!!
Keep writing poems lik these..
U must ve had sooo much fun contemplating about it while writing re..!! nice..

Nisha... said...

Beautiful... like i already told you... the start is so soothing! waiting for that other one.. complete it fassst! :)

Preeti Ramaraj said...

@srinath thanks :)

@nisha: thanks again..and guess what..the second one is done :)

The Joker said...

now thats exactly what I call a preeti poem!! :) good one...

Unknown said...

Di!Super Good one this.Seriously.I can't write peoms for nuts and so have this regard for poets.Keep em coming.
PS:Really Good!:):)

Preeti Ramaraj said...

thanks a lot anna!!and yes more to come!!

San said...

wat goes on in ure mind is far beyond wat i can imagine....sooo deeeeeepppp....i tink u srsly hav immense talent....loved it!!!keeepp it comin...

Preeti Ramaraj said...

:)thanks re sanaya

pratap kaul said...

wah good stuff.

Shraddha said...

First comment in your blog ! God knws how I dint discover you before....
damn good..i shall have to sit n read ur blog one day...!