Pages

Friday, February 1, 2019

Oppressor and Emancipator


What I have to do now, is what I have always wanted to do.
And what I want to do now, is what I have to do.

Stuck in an endless loop,
There's a fire that rises within me,
that threatens that burn everything in its wake.

The wave rises to the top,
Only to never be subdued.

I ride the wave, like they ask me to,
Instead, the wave just turns back and strangles me.

I wait for the sun,
believing it holds my happiness in its rays,
All I need is one look, to wake up from this stupor.

Instead, it continues shining, as if to mock me,
That happiness is more than I can bear,
More than I can feel.

So I run away,
Only to feel that emptiness back in my being.
I look hungrily at the fire, the might that kept me moving.
I look longingly at the wave, the sounds that brought me peace.
I look wearily at the sun, the rays that give me hope against hope.

I remember the horror ,
The flashing image of breaking a baseball bat,
That rising feeling of breaking myself to feel the pain,
The urge to scream myself out to the point of no return.

I remember the joy,
The engulfing feeling of being consumed in creation,
The happiness that breaks through my ribs into my surroundings,
That sigh of relief as I sit in the warm coziness of familiarity.

Back and forth,
Up and down,
Front and back,
One and zero.

No comments: