Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Forgotten

I have forgotten those times,
When my heart did not know the immenseness,
Of what was going on,
It just kept on feeling,
Like that feeling always belonged.

I have forgotten those times,
My heart was being wrung dry,
It couldn't possibly bear, not any more,
But it kept on going,
Like nothing had ever gone wrong.

I have forgotten those times,
My heart wanted to be numb,
Escape from all those emotions,
That it just didn't want to know, not yet,
A little more time, before it took the plunge.

I have forgotten those times,
When you began to slip away from me,
I kept believing I was holding on to you,
When in fact, all that was left, was a mere shadow.

I have forgotten how it used to feel,
When I heard those songs, those that spoke of waiting for love,
The memories come to me,
And it is all that is left of those feelings.

Yet I know there's a part of me,
The one that I keep hidden, the one no one knows exists,
That holds on to the day when I can remember again, feel again,
And weep those tears in emotions galore.

I shall keep close to me,
The existence of such a possibility,
Until then it shall remain forgotten,
While it remains in the back of my memory.

5 comments:

Harleen said...

Melancholy at its best ;)

Nisha... said...

Loved it! Ending is beautiful... Can relate to those stanzas :)

Varshini said...

Wow. This resonates very well to some part of me. Also, to my OTPs, but that's a different thing :P

Seriously though, so melancholy, so beautiful.

sush said...

Feels like its written for people who want to move on from all the drama!!! I would say this is written for me !!! Kep rocking..

Unknown said...

It is beautifully painful :)