Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

An ode to my classmates

And its over. It is very weird when you realize it wasn't just your last exam followed by holidays to meet the same people again in the new class when the weather is just fine with a few light showers and comments flying around. I realized that I probably am seeing some people for the last time in my life but for a random chance that I actually meet them.

I still remember how I entered this college. Knowing absolutely no one in my class. Having to start afresh. The excessive chappad chappad which irked too many. That awkward moment when I really don't expect to make any friends at all, didn't think I was good enough. And soo fat, I shudder to even look at those pics, God knows how they let me dance on stage.

But those associations were meant to happen. Those musical sessions were meant to make us bond. I never never knew the joy of singing live with people who love the same kind of music as you. Never thought something as silly as Orkut or Yahoo chats (ya, those times gtalk was still new somewhat) would get me so much closer to the people who I absolutely can't think of leaving right now. It started off with small things like eating in class during the principal's lecture really, seemed such a big thing then, now I'm sure she knew all along and just ignored the moving jaws in our closed mouths. Opinions about each of them has changed so drastically, they're the same people who really can't stop me from talking right now, irrespective of whether they have a choice really. The people who have gone from saying I sound like a pig fart to actually sitting and listening to me sing.(Yes I mean you harsh! ) They who have done SO many special things for me. For having made me feel so so special every possible birthday, that was a first, yeah. With whom both times of joy and sorrow were spent alike and just the presence mattered so much. Who kept talking about how I really don't belong to class considering the amount of time I spend outside of class (That calls for another blog post which shall happen soon too) but if anything would ever happen to me, they would be the first ones to pitch in and do everything in their stride to save me. Those random times spent with each of them, it is just so special I really really can't put it in words, not over here at least. I love them so much for always being there, for letting me take them for granted, those who I had said I wouldn't mind dying for 4 years ago and that statement is valid even now. (As Srinath says, time to get out my poem writing machine and enter all their names to belt out a poem for this very occasion :D )


These 4 years have been magical. Nothing short of magical. And now suddenly I feel exposed. I no longer have my college walls to protect me. No longer people who will take me and accept me for who I am, why even love me for being that person. No longer will I wake up in the morning knowing I am lucky to have made such amazing crazy friends in my own class despite all their idiosyncrasies and not to mention, rather majorly mentioning my own. Years may pass by, all those promises of keeping touch might be forgotten by many but I want everyone of them to know that I will forever be indebted to them for shaping my life to be what it is right now and I will always love them for having given me the most wonderful four years of my life.

No comments: