Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The final goodbye

 Change is the spice of life they say, but the transition is what makes it so difficult...they're off to a new life but it only deepens that chasm that I suddenly feel has been created in my stomach..no one to pamper you here,you're at the other end of pampering now..the empty quadrangle.. and you realize exactly a year later you'll be in exactly the same state..puts things in perspective doesn't it?


The junior senior relationship is a very different, special and a really endearing one. They introduced me to things as I know them now in college. Why, the senior I am to my juniors has been inspired by some of them. I hate it that we learn to move on. That we learn to adjust to people's absence..as years later, you may not be able to sustain a conversation for 5 minutes with the very person you can talk with for hours now.

I guess and I hope I made the most of their presence over here. I owe it to them for always being there for 3 years of my life here. And I wish they have the best of lives wherever they go.


5 comments:

shruti said...

The hope that the same warm connection with college and its people exists is what we thrive on. The conversations will remain as long with people like you around. :P
Good luck! :)

shrilata said...

Even years later, I can assure you we all could still talk for hours on end.. especially with a junior like you!
(Also the fact that u can talk a lot will help! :P)

All the best with whatever it is that you want! :)

Shraddha said...

Agreed on the the fact that you can talk a lot always helps! :)

Be as you are. We are there for you. And I have never really considered you much of a junior and more of a friend. So there you go! It's for life.

Do well. You will definitely achieve a lot more than you think you can. :)

Kirti said...

I remember last week I was feeling the same way. O wait, that was infact last year. Time flies and how! Change is inevitable but the beauty lies in the ordinary college days that turn into countless fleeting moments that you cherish forever. SP has had an amazing students' bonding, and for most of us, quadrangle conversations were as significant as our coursework. We were in your shoes some time back and soon you shall be on the other side too. Make the most of the time that is left.

And about staying in touch, friendship is beyond walls of the college. It has now reached virtual walls and chat windows. :D

have a great last year and all the best!

Preeti Ramaraj said...

@shruti: hehe indeed!
@shri: lol! thank you!
@shraddha: you pulled the words right out of my mouth! thank you so much :)
@kirti: yes indeed! thank you :D